17 Feb 2021
Spring is quickly approaching
With this Winter's harsh weather, and after a long Winter indoors, the thought of longer days and warm temperatures certainly makes everyone want to spend time outdoors. Celebrate the end of Winter weather and get a jump on welcoming the beach season.
Sunshine and Spring fever
Here's our prescription for Spring Fun on Ocracoke Island:
Plan a visit to Ocracoke for the Ocracoke Island Waterfowl Festival - April 17th
Make reservations for the Ocrafolk Music, Storytelling and Art Festival
- Enjoy miles of beautiful wide-open beaches, relax along the water’s edge
- Build a sand castle, take long beach walks, and be sure to go shell collecting
- Play horseshoes and volleyball on the beach
Take a Hike
- Discover Hammock Hills Nature Trail and Springer’s Point Preserve
- Go fishing, kayaking, surfing, sailing or parasailing
- Rent a bike or golf cart for your stay
- Rent a skiff for a day on the water
- Book a trip to Portsmouth Island for shelling or tour historic Portsmouth Village
- Learn about the history of Ocracoke at the Ocracoke Preservation Society Museum
- Visit the Ocracoke Lighthouse, British Cemetery and the Ocracoke Ponies
At the end of the Day
- Experience an Ocracoke sunset
- Have a beach fire under the stars
Great Food, Fun Times and Unique Shopping
Restaurants, pubs, shops and galleries are open for your Spring visit. You are sure to find your next favorite menu item and something special at one of the many unique shops.
Ocracoke offers the perfect couples getaway, family beach vacation, or that long awaited fishing trip.