Ocracoke Island Realty has partnered with Red Sky Travel Insurance to provide Trip Preserver® coverage for our guests. Trip Preserver provides trip insurance, emergency assistance and travel services, hurricane evacuations and family emergencies such as illness or death in the family. The Vacation Rental Agreement you will receive will automatically include this optional plan. More information from Red Sky.
The cost is 6.95% of your total rent, and this amount will be indicated on your lease. The cost is 6.95% of your total rent, and this amount will be indicated on your lease. The fee is due with your first payment and is non-refundable. Travel insurance is optional. You will be prompted to accept or decline the coverage on the reservation checkout page.
We recommend purchasing travel insurance with your initial deposit as coverage restrictions may apply when purchasing after your first payment. Trip insurance cannot be purchased after your reservation is paid in full.
We strongly urge you to consider this insurance when planning your Outer Banks vacation. NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE FOR HURRICANE EVACUATIONS WITHOUT TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE.
Trip Preserver® from Red Sky covers trip cancellation or interruption due to:
- A named hurricane or other natural disaster
- Uninhabitability of the destination vacation home caused by a natural disaster
- Uninhabitability of your primary residence or your traveling companion's primary residence caused by natural disaster
- Sickness, injury or death of you, a family member or traveling companion
- 24 hour worldwide travel assistance
- Identity theft recovery assistance
Trip Preserver® customer care professionals hear certain questions often from travel sellers and their clients. Take a moment to get answers to the most frequently asked questions about Trip Preserver®. If you don't see your question on this page, please call Red Sky at 1-866-889-7409, or email them at [email protected].
If you are unsure if you have coverage or wish to speak to someone at Ocracoke Island Realty, please call (877) 684-0256. Please have your reservation number available as well as the date of your stay.
If you have any questions during the claims process, you can:
- Fill out the easy-to-use forms on the Red Sky Website
- Call the Red Sky claims specialists at 1-866-889-7409
- E-mail them at [email protected]
Office hours for Red Sky are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time, except holidays.